NEW: Optical Switch (OSW)
- Optical switch for semi-automatic multi fiber testing.
- Internal switch with up to 12 channels and MTP/MPO connector.
- External switch with different fiber and connector options. USB connection to the LOR for power and control.
- User friendly software for switch control
Example of an external x8 optical switch and switch control software:
Dual Output (DOP)
Combine two different fiber types like single-mode and multi-mode fiber in one OTDR.
Please contact Luciol Instruments for details.
Visual Fault Locator (VFL)
The VFL option enables a blinking red laser, which is connected to the same connector as the OTDR itself. You can switch from VFL to OTDR measurement directly in the software, without removing the connecting fiber. When you have access to the end of the fiber under test, the VFL can be used as a fiber identifier, to verify that you are testing the correct assembly. This feature is especially useful for customers testing assemblies with multiple-fiber connectors with a probe. You will see immediately if the probe is not inserted in the right pin.
Note: This option is available only with the 670 nm OTDR wavelength.
Fiber Microscope (FM)
With the FM, you can verify the surface quality and cleanliness of all optical connectors before you use them. The surface is shown onto the LOR screen. It can be saved and printed for reference or reporting. Advanced software application is also available.
Table top format (LOR-U / LOR-UD)
The LOR product family is also available in a compact table top format.
- USB connection to external PC
- Laboratory environment OTDR testing
- Test bench integration and more
- Other formats like rack mount options on request
With these new options, the LOR has truly become an “all-in-one” optical tester for complete characterization of short fiber assemblies.